Recognition & Awards
“We shape our institution and our institution shapes us”, Winston Churchill.
‘Quality is not an act but a habit’ is a maxim that Thakur College of Engineering & Technology (TCET) has identified with right from its inception in the academic year 2001-02 from its well-designed and wellexecuted systems and processes.
Quality in Education leads to
- Development of intellectual skills and knowledge
- Contribute to society through productive and ` satisfying engineering careers
- Instill commitment to sustainable development
- Perform world class research to advance the frontiers of knowledge.
- Provide innovative solutions through research, consultancy and continuing education for satisfying current and future industrial and R&D needs
- Extend expertise towards improvement in the quality of technical education
- Achieve excellence in the support services of the institute through continuous improvement and teamwork.
- 78th rank in All India Rating by Outlook.
- ISO- The institute is certified for ISO 9001:2015 w.e.f. Jan 2018 onwards.
- NBA Accreditation- NBA certified three UG programmes CMPN, EXTC and IT for 3 years w.e.f. 16.9.2011.As per revised guidelines NBA has Re-accredited these three UG programmes and accredited ETRX (UG) programmew.e.f. 1st July 2016 for three years, These programmes are permanently affiliated with University of Mumbai (UoM).
- NAAC Accreditation: The institute has been awarded "A" Grade by National Assessment and AccrediationCouncial (NAAC) for 5 Years w.e.f. 30-10-2017.
- IMC Ramakrishna Bajaj National Quality Award (RBNQA): TCET has been awarded with IMC Ramakrishna Bajaj National Quality Award (RBNQA) for the year 2015 and it has also received Ramakrishna Bajaj National Quality Award (RBNQA) Commendation Certificate for the year 2012 for performance excellence in the education category
- Emerging Institute - AICTE- CII Survey: Featured in the AICTE-CII survey as an emerging private engineering and constantly rated high since 2013 onwards.
- Winner of Asia Pacific Quality Award (APQA) for best in class award in education category from Global Pacific Quality Award (GPQA)
- National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning (NPTEL) TCET is gearing up to the zenith of success by bagging 31 nd rank with “AA” Ranking amongst more than 1000 engineering colleges. It has been ranked 2 in Mumbai and 4th in Maharashtra state and has also been tagged as Active Local Chapter in Academic Program 2017-18.
We, the Staff, Faculty and the Management of Thakur College of Engineering and Technology, are committed to provide state-ofthe- art infrastructure and facilities, conducive academic environment to deliver Quality Technical Education to our students.
We shall work as a team and interact with the students in pro-active manner to achieve our Institutional Quality Objectives and fulfill all academic and regulatory requirements to continually enhance the satisfaction of our students.
'Quality can never be the destination but will always remain a journey' - In the time to come the institute will strive to bring many more such glories through the continuous journey of quality education.