Recognition & Awards
‘Quality is not an act but a habit’ is a maxim that Thakur College of Engineering & Technology (TCET) has identified with right from its inception in the academic year 2001-02. To achieve and maintain quality in technical education, the institute has well established institutional as well as management processes. Apart from this, TCET has built its foundation on System Driven-Student Centric approach for academic delivery and professional development. This has not only yielded recognition from its stakeholders but also from agencies of national and international repute.
The highlights of such recognitions and awards are:
- Winner of Asia Pacific Quality Award (APQA) for best in class award in education category from Global Pacific Quality Award (GPQA)
- TCET has been awarded in the category of "Excellent Performing & Innovative Engineering Institute in Maharashtra" at National Maharashtra Education Summit & Awards 2016, jointly organized by University of Mumbai & CMAI Association of India.
- Accredited by NBA for Undergraduate Programmes
- Ph.D. Research Center of University of Mumbai
- Winner of IMC Ramakrishna Bajaj National Quality Award (RBNQA)-2015 for Performance excellence in the education category
- Winner of IMC Ramakrishna Bajaj National Quality Award (RBNQA)-2012 Commendation Certificate for Performance excellence in the education category
- Recognized as per AICTE-CII survey 2013-2014 as Emerging Private Engineering Institute with one of the best industry linkages
- Grant received from AICTE-MODROB for setting up of Cloud Computing Lab with Software Grant from Microsoft
- Thakur Accenture Innovation Center
- Thakur-IIT Bombay - Aakash Tablet Application Development Center
- IIT-Bombay Remote Center for Student and Faculty Development Programme
- TATA Technologies Center of Excellence (Under Process)
- Member of CII Education Excellence Forum
The details of these recognitions and awards are:
TCET was one amongst the very first few engineering colleges that understood the relevance of ISO certification and was awarded ISO 9001- 2000 Standard on 21 December 2005. Striving for quality and continual improvement has always been the bedrock of TCET, and it once again proved its mettle by effective implementation of processes defined in the ISO manual which directly resulted in an environment of overall development and growth. All this culminated in the institute being recertified successfully in 2014 with ISO 9001-2008 Standard.The institute is certified for ISO 9001:2015 w.e.f. Jan 2018 onwards.
Implementation of ISO helped the institute to improve policies and processes which further enhanced quality technical education. Acknowledging the progress made by TCET in terms of excellent technical education, innovative and proactive teaching-learning, excellent placements, state-of-the-art infrastructure, and the fulfillment of all other required yardsticks NBA certified three UG programmes CMPN, EXTC and IT for 3 years w.e.f. 16.9.2011.As per revised guidelines NBA has Re-accredited these three UG programmes and accredited ETRX (UG) programme w.e.f. 1st July 2016 for three years.
The institute has been awarded "A" Grade by National Assessment and Accrediation Councial (NAAC) for 5 Years.
The institute extends sincere thanks to Management, Students, Staff & Faculty Members, Sister Institutions and all the Stackholders for their guidance, support and co-operation.
IMC Ramakrishna Bajaj National Quality Award (RBNQA)
Relentless pursuit of quality with constant support of the management and dedicated efforts by the faculty led to the addition of another feather in TCET’s cap with the winning of the IMC Ramakrishna Bajaj National Quality Award (RBNQA) for the year 2015 and it has also received Ramakrishna Bajaj National Quality Award (RBNQA) Commendation Certificate for the year 2012 for performance excellence in the education category. The Indian Merchant Chamber’s Ramkrishna Bajaj National Quality Award, which is based on Malcolm Baldrige criteria, a USA quality model, further authenticated TCET’s march towards excellence.
Emerging Institute - AICTE- CII Survey
Yet another significant milestone was achieved by TCET when it featured in the AICTE-CII survey in 2013 and 2014 as an emerging private engineering institute with one of the best industry linkages. This survey ranks various engineering departments on the basis of their association with industry and TCET’s Computer Engineering, Information Technology and Electronics &Telecommunication were given high ranking
TCET understands that quality can never be the destination but will always remain a journey. These recognitions and awards are important milestones in this journey. The institute will, therefore, work relentlessly to live up to the enormous trust placed by all its stakeholders and will strive to bring many more such accolades in future.
National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning (NPTEL)
NPTEL is the official SWAYAM national coordinator for engineering. SWAYAM is the National MOOCs portal being developed by MHRD, Govt. of India.
The education system must be attuned to the new global environment by promoting creativity and improving the quality of education and training at all the levels .in order to meet the critical need for scaling up concerted efforts to enhance the skill development in the context of TCET’S transition to knowledge based economy, the NPTEL project which is the SWAYAM national coordinator for engineering (an initiative of MHRD) under the aegis of HOC cell is being carried out. HOC cell driven TCET NPTEL LOCAL CHAPTER offered total 23 courses, matching with the curriculum of the respective semester from Jan’2017 to April’2017 and exams were conducted after the completion of each course for the certification. Our students excelled in the exam and brought laurels. Our college is gearing up to the zenith of success by bagging 31st rank with “AA” Ranking amongst more than 1000 engineering colleges. It has been ranked 2nd in Mumbai and 4th in Maharashtra state and has also been tagged as Active Local Chapter.